Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

My son came out of the blue and told me he wanted to organise a walk by himself round the countryside near our home, and he actually told me I was welcome to join him. He said he would wake up when his body would just wake up and have breakfast and then walk and I could come with him…
      I was gobsmacked! He never wants to do anything with me…
      Maybe the social worker is influencing him in the right way now, (detail removed by moderataor) Domestic Abuse Services are involved now too since the latest SS meeting and have introduced a male role model who will take my son out once a week to chat…
      I still can’t believe it! It is going so positively!
      I am so pleased!!!!
      🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

The social worker is aware of the impact of domestic abuse and violence I have been trying to describe to him, he did speak to me in a respectful manner and I think we are beginning to make some progress. The truth about my family situation is coming to light. I feel supported now. It was about time. I just hope it is not a false impression…I heard he spoke to my older son who told me some nice things about his opinion re our family, he seems to be supporting me. I am so glad. The social worker also reported about the chat he had with him. I was reassured by what he explained. I certainly don’t want my older son to behave like his dad…I can’t divulge the exact words uttered by my son but it is positive and he is questioning his attitude towards me, realising that his dad behaves that way and he must not…

I am really pleased.

Very pleased things are looking up and your feeling happier Bridget. X

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

That’s really good news. As you say it’s about time you got some support xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thats great news, hoping this is a turning point.

FS xx

Ayanna
      Participant

I am so happy for you! x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content