Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      STAR1
      Participant

Hi im new here. Im coming up (detail removed by moderator) this yr.my n********t husband was arrested we were together (detail removed by moderator) yrs i got a restraining order to escape.He forced me to sell house. Its taken alot of time to find my feet.Life began at 50+ and ive just started to get confidence back. I was scared all the time and kept people ie work associates at arms length. And couldnt have friends.

nbumblebee
      Participant

Hi,
      Thank you for sharing your story im in hear (detail removed by moderator) with mine and still here ive always believed that at my age im too old to leave to start again even if I wanted too and i just dont know if I do.
      My husband isnt nice to me at times and actually after whats now knkwn to be a lifetime of abuse from family members im struggling.
      Hearing stories like yours actually helps alot.
      I hope you continue to grow and heal xxxxx

STAR1
      Participant

Thankyou for replying to my message and im here if you need support.my family did no believe me and my daughter even shunned me when i left. But now she knows now. My son who has complex needs had to move in with his dad.im trying to support him as he had become the target now im out. So it still continues as i feel his pain. And trying to keep him strong.

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Hello and welcome to the forum, that must be incredibly hard for you with your son living with him.
      I am also in the 50’s club, I separated after 3 attempts from my soon to be ex husband, our daughter blocked him from her life but our son is very confused still. My confidence also hit the floor, there was nothing much left of Me and then but I am getting some days where I feel much better now.

Is there anyone you can talk to for support? ❤

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content