Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ohshesbloomin22
      Participant

Hi all 🙂

So the day is coming closer; my support worker is looking for accommodation for me and the kids so I can escape 🙂

My question is how do I get there once she’s found somewhere. I don’t drive?

Can anyone share their experiences please 🙂

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Ohshesbloomin22,

Great news that your support worker is looking for accommodation! I see you’re asking for other women’s experiences but I thought I’d also share some information that might be useful for you.

If the accommodation is a refuge that’s a member of Women’s Aid, they should be able to arrange free rail travel for you and your children through a scheme called Rail to Refuge.

If it’s any other sort of accommodation, you could get in touch with your local council and ask for a travel warrant. If you’re getting help from the housing team at the council then they should be able to provide the travel warrant, otherwise you can go through social services. As you have children, children’s social services should help get you and the children away from harm. Your support worker could help you with contacting them if you need. You could also get in touch with your local domestic abuse service for support.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Watersprite
      Participant

Morning – how are you doing? I hope your plan is coming together. Please lean on the support to get out safely and keep your safety planning in mind. Don’t tell him anything. It’s a hard and scary time I know but you are doing so well to get to this point and you and your family deserve to be free and safe x

Ohshesbloomin22
      Participant

Thank yu, for your responses.

I’ve had a Google of travel warrants but I can’t see much. So I’m just going to wait and see. It’s me overthinking.

I’m doing good, everything is coming together. I can’t obviously go into details but it’s going to be very soon. I keep having waves of anxiety but It’s like I’ve got this inner strength.

Time to be free. X*x

I hope you’re okay and safe xx

StrongLife
      Participant

I drive there but I know they provided taxi from home/other places to there. Ask the worker – they would organise this.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content