Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lilminx
      Participant

My teenage son as a few learning disabilities so I,m used to him coming out with odd words etc , over the last so many months he kept asking if we was his real parents, I showed him his birth certificate but he still kept saying “am I adopted ” .

Over time I grew bored with this constant questioning and repeated answers so I just started agreeing with him instead , but last night he mentioned it again “am I adopted ” I told him not to be stupid , he’d seen the birth certificate and he said I could have faked it , I asked if he knew someone that had been adopted, he told me no , I asked why he kept asking if he was adopted then and he told me he wished he was 🙁 .

I asked if I was such a horrible mum that he wished that , he said ” no I love you but wish my dad wasn’t my dad that’s why I wish I was adopted” that’s just so sad and don’t know what to do 🙁

Ok that’s not true I DO no what I need to do , but I,m not in the position to do it right now 🙁

KIP.
      Participant

You will get there. Just remember his words and use them to keep moving forward and away from your abuser X

Lilminx
        Participant

I want badly for us to move forward but right now I can’t , I need him 🙁 and no I’m not just thinking that lol I do really need him as I’ve recently had a major op and have no friends or family around to help so am stuck with him a while longer x

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Lilminx,

Has your son received any kind of support? Schools offer extra pastoral care for kids who have been through loss, parental separation or trauma, and sometimes even programmes.

And are you also receiving support? X

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content