Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

So I have discovered I can just about cope if I deal with one thing at a time. However I now have to deal with several things all in the same week and I feel overwhelmed!
      So alot of you will know from the old forum I have now been in refuge for a long time, and he is in prison. Well now in the same week I have to deal with moving out of refuge into a new house, him coming out of prison and my decree nisi being issued. It’s all to much in one go. I am so scared of what he will do when he gets out!

I have also been told today that as soon as he comes out we’ll automatically be classed as high risk again. I have no idea what this means.

Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

I am hoping not, but it is my fear. I have a restraining order that Is in place indefinitely but he seems to have no respect for that at all, having already broken it several times.

Falling Skys
      Participant

I’m at high risk, if I call because he’s kicking off every available police office will attend my call.

FS xx

Escaped not free
      Participant

I feel for you. Why is it all these things happen at once. Ask for a panic alarm. I was never beaten but my ex has breached bail so I’m classed high risk. The council install it. All u need is phone line. There’s a small button u can keep with u all the time. As soon as its pressed they dial 999 for u. Importantly this is done silently so it buys u time while the police arrive. I live in a pretty remote setting so it makes me feel better. It doesn’t cost anything. Your local WA worker should be able to refer u. Don’t know if it’ll help but makes me feel a bit better. X

Ayanna
      Participant

Make sure the family court keeps your address confidential. There is a process in place. Have you done it? Never write your address on any letter.
      I had awful experiences with the family court. I needed to go there and cause mayhem a few times because they put my life in danger.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content