Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Bruisedbutbrave
      Participant

The reason I chose this topic is very obvious.i am a victim of N**********c abuse both from my husband and close male family members

I was oblivious of all the abuse for a long time
      I am 40 plus and married for over a decade and professional but it took me a long time to find the courage to accept and report the abuse
      I thought it was donestic abuse which off course ot is but N**********c abuse is a different form of abuse and it’s soul racking .
      I didn’t know till I joined support group and understood what I went through
      The more I learnt the more I realised the extent of abuse.
      At times not knowing is a blessing
      For me ,learning about n********m has been an eye opener .
      Despite being highly educated and professional ,I fear how underestimated and unrecognised this abuse is in asain community
      Culture upbringing and religion is used to crush women confidence independence and make them feel weak vulnerable and dependent all.their lives.

The more I understand the more I am feeling angry
      The inequality and gender discrimination in asian community is against human rights and still we all accept it even in western countries like UK

I want to ask all the members at this forum to share their knowledge and experience
      Together we can help so many women
      Together we can make this world a better save place for victim of n**********c abuse
      Together we can make n**********c abuse a criminal offence like coercive control
      Together we can be a voice for so many who are too afraid to have a voice

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dear Bruisedbutbrave

So sorry to hear you have suffered abuse from the male members of your family.

Glad to hear that you have found some helpful suppprt.

Please do keep posting your thoughts it does help with prcessing everything you’ve experienced. We’re all here for you, to lsten and offer support as you recover.

I cant say ive heard of this particular label. It sounds the same as common or garden vile domestic abuse to me, perpetratd by men against women and children who live in continual fear as a result.

There is certainly opportunity for the more closed and male dominated the community is.
      Hence ‘coercive control’. Sounds like it already covers what you’ve suffered and you can have these men charged with it. Do all WA to get some support and advice on how you might prgress this.

Warmest wishes

TS

Twisted Sister
      Participant

*call

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Asian abuses

This forum topic above should be helpful to your particular community issues.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content