Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Treehouse@th
      Participant

I am in a desperate situation…and feel I have reached the end of the road!!!
      I have been married for quite a few years..the time was underlined by sever physical and emotional abuse towards me and my child from a previous marriage. My still-husband has all trademarks of being psychopathic and n**********c. I was brave and left him (detail removed by moderator)..but his psychological abuse, threats and intimidation continues while we are going through divorce procedures.
      Here is my problem…my husbands main objective is to destroy my life, humiliate me and to financially ruin me by bombarding me with ridiculous claims submitted by either by his lawyer of by himself, which I all have to respond to together with my own lawyer…as this will be (detail removed by moderator). I am running out of financial resources and am very anxious not to be able to support my child and life anymore. He has the financial resources to continue…and he seems to spend his entire time and focus on how to best ruin me…health wise, reputation wise and financially. He continues to control my entire life by doing so…I feel that I have lost control of it myself.

Anyone has been in a similar situation? My lawyers seems not to have a solution and might just see this as a good opportunity to increase their income.
      I am hopeless and desperate….I thought of looking for an Expert who could assist to explain, WHY me as a victim that underwent those forms of massive abuses would not have left my husband earlier in the marriage (emotional dependency / self-preservation / fear…). I am currently based in another part of the world, with a rather “tradiotional legal and court system”. Anyone knows of any literature on this?

Can anyone give advise if there is an Expert that can review evidence collected by me in the last few years remotely and that after review, would conclude a condition my husband has (psychopath / n********t / etc.) and that our time together can be defined as extremely ABUSIVE & that, based on this evidence, my husband showed and shows an abnormal / sick pattern of behaviour? He is refusing to be seen and diagnosed by a professional obviousy. (detail removed by moderator) especially when it comes to custody of our one child, that we have together.

Any experience sharing or advise, if you have been in a similar situation and what you have done would be so much appreciated!

Really ANY thought is appreciated!

Thank you so much!!!

KIP.
      Participant

I’d get in touch with your local women’s aid. He is a typical abuser and labelling him as anything else I don’t believe will help your case. You don’t have to keep replying to his nonsense. I’d instruct my solicitor to make him an offer the court will see as fair. If he won’t agree then he can take you to court and you can ask for him to pay your legal fees. Solicitor letters with ‘without prejudice’ written on them cannot be used in court. Wasted a small fortune sending these. So simply instruct your solicitor not to reply to anything else.

KIP.
      Participant

Most solicitors offer a free initial consultation so I’d go round a few and see what they say. Read Living with the Dominator by Pat Craven. Why Does He Do That by Lundy Bancroft and Evan Stark has written about abusive relationships.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content