Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Yellowflower
      Participant

Yet again his shown his true colours. Why do I always think something’s going to click with him and his going to come running back a changed person full of apologies and we can be a family again? Well I think I’m starting to wake up and realise he is never going to do that. Continually shows he is completely incapable of being a decent human being! (detail removed by moderator)  he will never ever do the decent thing. Still continues to control all he can at every step and I really hope the professionals see straight through him. My children are my world and I will not let him destroy them too. A lioness always protects her cubs! I am so grateful I found this forum hopefully day by day my strength will come back I’m going to need it. You are all so brave just remember that we will do this together❤️

KIP.
      Participant

It’s the most shocking feeling to discover that they have no moral compass. That they will use anyone and everyone including their own children. Collateral damage and means nothing in their game of control. You are right to never underestimate them. Never give them an inch. The gloves are truly off and he will destroy you if you don’t fight back x protect yourself and your children and show him no mercy x he will show you none x

Dragon
      Participant

Mine professes to be so moral, mainly in that he will always be loyal to me…..at what cost. Morality means very different things to me.
      I too have been hoping that he will say sorry, take responsibility but it is all my fault to him.
      Keep posting here lovely, I know how disappointed you feel right now and all you want is your family unit to be together but you have a support network of women here who have your back. Baby steps (as someone said to me earlier). Xx

Yellowflower
      Participant

Thank you Kip and Dragon❤️ It’s so hard when you start seeing them for who they are. I have times where i miss ‘him’ which I’ve come to realise are times that I’m actually missing the tiny glimmers of hope he gave me that we could be a happy family. Now I know that’s not real a happy family isn’t one where the mother is being beaten or raged at. That isn’t a family is it. It’s just so sad he has to make up so many lies and has to still continue to play games. When I first left I don’t think I’d realised just how much had happened I wrote a list of all the abusive things he did. Recently I rewrote that list it became 8 a4 pages! If I’m ever in doubt if I did the right thing by my children I look at that. (detail removed by moderator) He is never ever wrong it’s his way or the high way. I realised I couldn’t live like that a second longer. I hope one day when I’m ready I meet someone who knows my worth xx

diymum@1
      Participant

Hi how you doing? its like an epiphany xx its good tho that this has dawned on you it means your ready to get this sorted for your family. in order to have an abuse free happy life he needs to be at arms length – further away if poss – (detail removed by moderator) xx

Yellowflower
      Participant

Hi diymum1 I’m ok thank you. Having very much good and bad days but trying to just work through it moment by moment hour by hour. Yes it is slowly dawning on me. The days of missing him are reducing which I’m so grateful for. Now I just replay everything in my head when I go to bed. I think because I keep myself so busy in the day it’s night time I can’t stop thinking. Not getting much sleep but can’t take sleeping tablets as I have a young child xx

KIP.
      Participant

Night times were worse for me in the beginning but it gets better as your brain works through the trauma. I rang the Samaritans a few times, it’s a free phone 24 hour service and they are great listeners. Have a look at some mindfulness exercises. You can get some adult colouring in books for relaxation I found good and you could do it with your child too x cut out alcohol and caffeine and try to keep to regular bed times and getting up times, as much as you can with a small child. Take all the help you can get. Every offer of help greatly accept x you can repay kindness when you’re back on your feet x zero contact and time were my biggest help x and this forum, getting my thoughts out and getting help in return x full of wise women who have walked in your shoes x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content