Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Scaredandalone
      Participant

I am a health professional and your would of thought that I would get support offered everywhere. Nope when my work found out I was in a sexually violent marriage pressure was loaded onto me including social care referral and multi agency involvement. I felt pressured into ending the marriage after (detail removed by moderator). Once I was safe the support stopped. 6 work funded counselling sessions and limited sexual assault support.
      I now pay a fortune for my counsellor because trust has been built.
      My mental health has been damaged massively to the point I did have an attempt at my life.the worst thing is I still miss him and I am very very lonely although I do have (detail removed by moderator) children. I wish my work never found out and I had kept quite

LookToTheLight
      Participant

So sorry to hear that you have been left like this, having to deal with these issues alone.
      Keep the counselling going though because it will continue to allow you to open up & deal with the issues.
      Coercive control eats at our physical & emotional well-being. We come to rely on them & so miss them when they are no longer there but you will regain your sense of self worth & there will always be someone here to talk too especially when you feel low xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content