Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      peachycuteness1
      Participant

Hello Ladies , hope your all well.
      I am here for some advice, I have currently got a non-molestation order against my ex partner, we share a son and I am going through the courts as I dont want them to have anything to do with eachother. Long story short, he keeps breaching the order and I always report it, but theres been no outcome. They wont arrest him, and its so exhausting as it feels like he will never suffer any consequences. Everyday I think about my ex and want he done, Im always paranoid about him following me as hes stalked me. I am considering moving away, far away, and have a fresh start? I went away for the weekend and it felt so nice to be in a completely different area far away, soon as I came back, I just get depressed. I want to move, but i am not sure? I love my home, and like being near my family but im so stuck!

Watersprite
      Participant

This is a horrible horrible situation and one that is familiar to me I feel for you! Firstly keep safety planning for yourself and reporting and collecting evidence eventually police act. Ask to speak to DA team and go higher if no one is listening. It’s hard when the breaches are clever.
      I also know the lovely feeling of being somewhere he won’t find you
      I was told to plan to be moved out of area but hasn’t happened yet but I have had to move around. I was also told unless change of identity they felt he would find me and better to be in an area where services have a handle on it and support is and have family around.
      Only you can truly know how you feel and the risks of both staying in area and leaving. Have you got support? Wherever you end up reaching out to people who get it helps xx

KIP.
      Participant

You won’t always feel this way but you need to put your safety first. If he’s breaching the non molestation order then he’s committing a crime. If the police won’t act on it I’d make an official complaint against them. Keep all the evidence you can. Record him, keep texts and messages. Any witnesses to the breaches. Contact your local womens aid for support too.

Newgirl
      Participant

Hey lovely I’m so sorry you are going through this. I can totally understand why you would want to move away to feel free but don’t let him drive you away you need to think what matters more to you and if you can be happy away from family. There is no right or wrong it is what is best for you x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content