Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ariana
      Participant

Hi

So I’m really close to leaving and been feeling a whole mixture of emotions the main one being guilt! And pity for him.!! I hate that I feel this way! It is holding me back… because I plan to leave when he’s out so he can’t stop me I feel like I’m being really sneaky and evil!! So I decided to mention to him that I think the marriage isn’t working and I don’t feel the same anymore and he just broke down telling me how he will definitely change this time that I can’t just give up on the marriage and that he won’t have a life where he doesn’t see his kids everyday (even though most nights he chooses to go to the pub instead if coming home to see them)…he then got my youngest child’s coat on and left the house with her after an hour I rang up and he said he’d taken her to soft play. This has really started alarm bells now I’m so worried about how he will be with the shock of me going and taking the kids. I feel he will come looking and if he sees me which he might as I still need to be taking my other child to school in the town he lives untill I organise another school that he might physically take the children off me and not give them back. I’m terrified of this..how can I stop this would it be legal?? He has joint responsibility but also has a drug and alcohol problem. I have told my doctor about this but he hasn’t seen a professional yet. I also have videos on my phone of him taking drugs and acting very aggressive. I don’t believe he would ever hurt the children but I don’t know the lengths he will go to to hurt me or to have his own way. Please advise ..im hoping for some reassurance x*x

This sounds very very similar to my daughters father who I am currently trying to leave. when I’ve tried to end things with him before he’s got upset at the fact he wouldn’t see our daughter everyday even tho he is out every night with his friends or his brother. He’s also told me that if I ever leave and take our daughter he will track us down and take her back. Although he doesn’t drink he has a weed problem and is generally a very aggressive person so I am so scared of him taking her and not bringing her back as he is on her birth certificate so he has all the rights I do. Womens aid told me there is a court order you can get where it legally stops them running off with the children. It explains it more on Rights Of Women. I haven’t looked into it properly yet as I’m just trying to focus on getting us out first. X

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content