Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Hopesprings
      Participant

I took out a contract phone for him in my name (kicking myself now) but I was checking my credit score the other night and it looks like he’s not been paying it, anyone know if I could get this resolved? E.g get it over to his name or try and reason with 02? I know it’s a long shot.

KIP.
      Participant

Cancel the contract right now. 02 may listen to reason if you explain your circumstances. If he hasn’t paid up till now, he’s not going to. At the least, they may let you pay it off in small amounts. Is it a huge bill outstanding?

Tamra
      Participant

Hi Hopesprings,

I agree with KIP, without sounding bossy please phone them now and tell them your story and hopefully they will sort it for you.

Hope you get it sorted
      xx

Hopesprings
      Participant

phoned but they are closed will try again tomorrow. It said there was about 70 quid outstanding but tonight it’s saying zero so maybe he has paid it but I would still like it out of my name. Xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Hopesprings,

Even if hes paid it explain the situation and they can then put it in his name so it will stop this happening again.

Good luck xx

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

Def call them tommrow and look into it , I would block sim so he can’t make bill go higher and then request new sim which only u can use , i made that mistake with my son ,02 r very helpful so discuss your option with them

Tinydancer80
      Participant

I had this with ex. I explained the situation to Vodafone and although they were understanding on the phone I was still responsible for the bill as it was in my name. They could only put the phone into his name if he contacted them and asked them to.
      In the end I had the sim barred so he couldn’t make any out going calls and just continued to pay the bill until the end of the contract. You can ask them to send you a new SIM card and get the number on it changed with a crime reference number. That way you can use the contract on another phone.
      Best of luck x

Hopesprings
      Participant

I have cancelled the contract and blocked the sim. I need to pay the cancellation fee but will pay it up and least me can’t make any calls etc. He will be fuming xx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content