Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Purpleflamingo
      Participant

Hi
      I left my abusive relationship (detail removed by Moderator) ago. I fled the property what was in my name and my ex wouldn’t get out…
      However we (me and my 2 girls) are back but he has taken stuff, his excuses he paid for them etc. I just wondered is there any way I could get help buying white goods? Any charitable organisation or grants available?I am only on UC so can’t afford anything outright
      Thank you

minimeerkat
      Participant

hoping that women who may have been in a similar situation can point you in the right direction
      so without experience of this i do not know any certainties
      but when phoning helplines before being able to get counselling, i did notice that a charity called familyline might be able to help you, so dont know if you want to try them at some point. theres a possibility that there are other charities like this one who can help too
      and i dont know if you are eligible for any help from your local council, because i know they can provide grants & financial help with some things
      if you are not in touch with your local da service it might be worth contacting them to see what financial help is available too
      i know theres a website surviving economic abuse but am unsure if they can help you & your situation, but it could be worth a look
      also if you are on benefits & especially if you have experienced domestic abuse have you checked whether you are entitled to more help
      sorry i cannot help more myself, but hopefully other women or lisa will recommend who you can definitely contact for financial support x

Allornothing
      Participant

Hi Purpleflamingo, I found an organisation in my area (took some googling) and they were able to provide me with so much so hopefully you will have something in your area. Start contacting as many places as you can as often they will signpost you to somewhere else and this often opens up to you getting support emotional as well which is always welcome. xx

StrongLife
      Participant

Try a support organisation in your area – they will be able to refer you to this.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Purpleflamingo,

Welcome to the forum. I have a few suggestions to share.

End Furniture Poverty have information on ways to get help with purchasing white goods. They have a tool for searching for local welfare assistance in your council area (such as the Household Support Fund). Some of the grants listed need to be applied for by a support worker, so it might be worth getting in touch with your local domestic abuse service to see if this is something they can support with.

Turn2us provide information on financial support through benefits and grants. They have a grants search tool on their website.

Survivors fleeing domestic abuse who are needing financial support to leave safely or to secure a safer future can apply for a one off payment through the Flexible Fund. The Flexible Fund for February has now been fully allocated, so this is now paused and will be reopening in March. Your local domestic abuse service will most likely be best placed to help you apply for the funding when it re-opens in March.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content