Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Better-days
      Participant

I’m so fed up with living this life my family have found out he’s cheated they r asking me why I’m still with him I can’t tell them because I’m scared of what he will do if I leave. But that is the only reason why. I need to find the courage to leave to teach my kids that they r better but then putting them at more risk scares me I know coparenting will be made very difficult I wish I could just take my kids and run away if only life was simple eh. I will need to be the one to leave he won’t leave our house I will need to go rent prices r through the roof I’m going to contact my local housing authority in morning tho there’s not many social houses were I live and I don’t know how long the wait is but I can’t live like this forever it’s destroying every part of me.

Sungirl
      Participant

I’m in a similar situation, he won’t leave. We left before but ended up coming back. It’s so hard. Yes good idea with local housing see if they can help you. We own our house together so I don’t think I’d be entitled to social housing. Will your family support you? Could you stay with them at all?

Better-days
        Participant

Hi Sungirl1 we own out house too i thought that you can still apply for a home if your breaking up that you are classed as homeless but I’m going to contact woman’s aid today and fill in the online form for social house if I am entitled too. I will let u know how I get on,

Sungirl
      Participant

Hi Better-days yes I’d be interested to know how you get on, I’m in (detail removed by moderator) and council housing it very limited so I didn’t think it would be an option

Better-days
        Participant

Hi I spoke on the live chat at yes your are still entitled to a home but I understand I am in the same position in my area there are not any local authority housing but I would never move my son school. I was told I will probably go to temporary accommodation first which I don’t want as it’s too much upheaval I would prefer to wait longer and get a place I can be in long term I will be worried I get offered somewhere to live that’s a bit run down but I will try and see how it goes. I will keep up updated. X*x

Sungirl
      Participant

That sounds like maybe an option then that’s useful to know. Good luck with it all. Have you considered selling the house? I’m thinking that’s what we’ll have to do as there is no way he will move out. He’s also using mental health as a reason to not leave

Better-days
        Participant

Hi Sungirl he will either sell or buy me out. And give me what is owed but I am not telling him I’m leaving untill the day I move out I can’t as he got violent when I tried previously. I feel very guilty for this but I feel iv no other option. I don’t think he will stay therefore we are going to have to sell I don’t know how we r going to manage this when I leave he will absolutely hate me. X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content