Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • #21174

      Do you think its a good idea to sue my ex for the trauma that hes put me through thanks

    • #21180

      Probably not pain and suffering isn’t really recognised in UK law.

      If he was arrested or convicted maybe you can claim from the criminal injuries compensation fund.

      The last thing you need is anymore contact with him and his abusive ways via the court systems.

      Abusers are very good at manipulating and abusing the court system to further abuse you. It’s a toss of the coin whether the judge or lawyers present pick up on this and put a stop to it.

      If you have got to sort out finances and childcare and contact arrangement via court it’s worth mentioning the trauma there on that case documents and statenents,particularly if it caused you so much damage as to affect the children or to affect your ability to work for an income.

    • #21216

      Thank you .. maybe i should wait till hes convicted as he still on bail . Iam waiting on police making a decsion

    • #21225

      Speak to a solicitor, most offer free initial advice. There are time limits and yes i would seriously consider it. Im doing it. Speak to Rights for Women. You may get legal funding for this. My ex has money and a huge pension so it also depends if your ex has assets.

    • #21226

      A criminal conviction is great evidence too.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content