Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      runner
      Participant

I still live with my partner. Mum has said she is going on holiday. For the duration she is away on holiday I am at work. She hadnt told me tell last minute so of course I have not been able to get emergancy leave. I have no issue with mum going on holiday just that she didnt use her common sense to let me know in enough time. Other half has said he would look after her. The problem is, as he decided to stay married and still sees wife I am petrified he will take her to see his wife. As it seems like they may still be sleeping togeather. He is from asian background and his wife could not carry children because of compatability. I think I had been used to be some sort of surrigate. As other half stopped being affectionate after baby was born. He has also taken to going down stairs to sleep the past few weeks when I have ssked him about this he has said its because he snoores. Ive never complained about it. He comes back up 2 hours before he is ready to get up.

As mom cant look after little one should I go off sick?
      Also think my mom and sister booked the holiday in this manner to mannipulate me into letting them take my daughter with them. As last time they both went on holiday I said I was not ready for them to take her. If I tell my dad about what my mom hS done he will ask her why she has done this. My mom seems to be distancing herself from me and my youngest sister agrees that my mums favorte is the one she is going on holiday with. I asied my mum by text if she wanted to see my new babies scan she didnt reply. I didn’t ask her why she did not reply.

Once I leave other half I don’t know how ill cope as the behaviour my mum displays is putting me off even talking to her. I think in some ways I have recieved abuse from my parents so now the cycle continues. Im an adult. I was the one still waiting for her parents when I was in primary school at the finish of the day. I remember once or twice being blamed for somthing that was not my fault and they knew it just said I was the oldest. If i’m in the right in any argument I always got and still get told that because i’m the eldest I should be quiet or Automatically i am in the wrong.

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hi runner I can relate to your post about your mum. My mum would be similar when I was growing up. It is so hurtful when they just ignore the texts. I’m afraid she is getting a little powerful buzz from withholding a response to your text. Its hurtful. My mum used the silent treatment a lot to hurt me when I was growing up. She would stop talking to me for weeks. I would beg her to speak to me. She wouldn’t. My dad would beg her to speak to me. She wouldn’t. I was a very young teen. This pattern continued. And then while she was ignoring me and with-holding responding to me (totally aware and enjoying my distress) she would be praising and chatting to and holding in high esteem,my brother.

Please keep posting and reading the other posts for support as you have a lot to deal with in your partner’s behaviour and your mum’s behaviour. Rearing your little one and working also, its too much for you to do on your own. We will support you.

runner
      Participant

I dont think it was my mom As much as my sister. My dad will be annoyed if I tell him. Mum will just say im only saying it so he complains. Mums not normally so bad but does occasionally ignore things even in person. I work a few hours so its not too bad but its challanging being pregnnt with a toddler and a strange relationshipI tried to phone domestic violence line and they were busy. But I think im either going to explain situation to my manager and see if I can get

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content