Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Me and my husband separated and his behaviour since lockdown has just got worse and worse.
      Still tracking me, hacking my phone and social media. I’ve tried so hard to hold it together for the sake of our children, but now I’m at breaking point. I haven’t taken anytime of work during all this even with PTSD from it all, but now I feel I can’t cope and need time away from everything. I’m not sure if you can take time off work for this and what it would full under? I’ve also looked at issuing him with a divorce, which I didn’t realise was so expensive!!

Escapee
      Participant

Hi Blossom3,

What he is doing is illegal, do you feel strong enough to involve the police?

Regarding taking time out, speak to your GP and tell them everything and ask to be signed off. I had to attend a DWP appointment for financial help due to my health after leaving, I didn’t hold out much hope as I didn’t look seriously ill but I was taken seriously.

Have you managed to get counselling? If not, ask you GP about this too. You need help getting through this X*X

And remember to be kind to yourself, little moments just for you ❤️

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi Blossom,

I’m sure your GP will sign you off with stress for a couple of weeks if you let them know what is happening.

Not sure how big your employers are, or whether they have a ‘Health and Wellbeing’ department, or ‘champion’, but it may be worth speaking to someone in there, or HR, about what you are dealing with in your personal life. They should keep it confidential if you can assure them that you and your children are not at immediate risk of harm.

I have known a couple of employers allow their staff the ‘work time’ to be a safe place during the working day to go to solicitors appointments or have the Police come to speak to them at work to give statements. Also to make phone calls for advice, or some time to prepare paperwork for solicitors for Non Mol Orders, Occupation Orders etc. The employers have been really instrumental with helping a lady get out of the abuse by being her ‘cover’ as the abuser has assumed she is ‘just at work’. One lady used to leave her phone at work when she went to see a DA support worker as her abuser tracked her by it. As long as her phone never left the office it appeared she was at work. It gave her some freedom to seek help and advice. Could this be an option for you to get some support via your employer?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content