Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Scottish Thistle
      Participant

I’ve not been on for a while – I do check in every now and again.

I need to off load to people who understand. In the time since I have left my ex we have got no further forward – we can’t get a divorce until our marital home is sold and finances sorted – something that he will not progress, control! He can move on but won’t allow me to each year he will start communications with a solicitor but then it stops. After reading up on behaviours it was advisable not to retaliate as many of you will know.

It’s now that time of year again when he starts, my solicitor received a half hearted financial response from his solicitor but a very long letter, I am away most of it is solicitor jargon etc but there is a couple of paragraphs which have really hurt me with the false accusations. I recently had my solicitor meeting to go over the letter, when I got home I just broke down at why he is trying to hurt me so much – I know the reason is because I left him. I just want it all over with now so that I can move on with my life.

Does it get any easier and when does the nightmare stop so that your finally free? I know I will never fully be free off him unless I move etc I just want to be free from his hold 😢

KIP.
      Participant

If you’ve been separated for two years you can go for the two year separation divorce and get a court date for a judge to order the sale of the marital home. Don’t wait around for him to use the process to abuse you or it will go on forever. He’s enjoying himself just now. It’s not his decision to progress the sale. Get a court order. Houses are selling very easily just now and going for well over the asking price.

Scottish Thistle
      Participant

Thanks Kip, hopefully this next letter progresses to take the house to sale but if not I will ask my solicitor about that option.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content