Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Kelly h
      Participant

Hi I am new here and just need some support I have been in a violent relationship for some time now and it is now at a point where I am so fearful, today I got my head smashed off the door 5 times then punched twice in the top of the head then punched another two times, I have bumps on my head and this comes only a week after a big punch to the side of my breast and body damaging my ribs, and a month after being hurt so badly I can’t actually or don’t remember what happened! I don’t understand how I got here and I feel so sorry for my kids they are the most loving souls and don’t deserve to see what they see it makes me feel like a terrible mummy when they are my world. X

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Please call the police darling. I would strongly suggest to call 999 right now. If you’re unable to talk you can use the silent option which means if you stay silent on the phone after having dialed 999 your call will be forwarded to the silent solution system. Then you press 55 for your call to be forwarded to your local police.

HunkyDory
      Participant

Hi Kelly please get out for you and your children sake. Either use the silent
      option as HLJ says or can you say you’re going to the supermarket or something and go straight to the police? Flag a police car down do whatever you have to but leave today. Don’t delay and wait to get hurt again. He is extremely dangerous and it could get even worse, it’s not going to get better. The fact your children are witnessing this is child abuse also so please get yourselves to safety.

Help is out there and you can get it. Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

Lots of love and strength to you xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Kelly h,

How are you doing? I have sent you a message.

As the other users have mentioned, this is very concerning behaviour from your partner and is extremely abusive. It’s so good that you are starting to reach out for support with what you’re going through.

The police will be able to help you get out of the property with your children and can help you access safe refuge accommodation. What is happening is not your fault and you do not deserve to be going through this. If you do not want to contact the police, you could reach out to your local domestic abuse service . We also have a confidential live chat service.

Please let us know how you’re doing.

Take care,
      Lisa

KIP.
      Participant

None of this is your fault. Please ring the police. They can offer you help and protect you and your children. This man chooses to harm you and the kids. Try your local women’s aid too or the national domestic abuse helpline. His abuse is escalating. I’d ring 999 and also speak to your GP. It’s great you’re opening up on here. Abuse thrives on silence. Your kids need you and is violent behaviour is escalating. There’s lots of help if you can just reach out x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content