Viewing 83 reply threads
  • Author
      Stargazing1
      Participant

The ironic thing is we know their true colours behind closed doors . Out in public a different person is on show .

Stargazing1
      Participant

Took a bit of time out to reflect on things . Guess what A leopard will never change its spots will it .

Stargazing1
      Participant

Been shouted and sworn at over intimacy again. No apology again.

Stargazing1
      Participant

He had been nice for a while.

Stargazing1
      Participant

Just making excuses and that’s supposed to be OK.

Stargazing1
      Participant

How can my other Half complain about how he’s spoken to by members of the public but its okay for him to treat me like something on the bottom of his shoe . Swearing at me in a nasty voice is okay .

Stargazing1
      Participant

Why am I always told my opinion should not count.

Stargazing1
      Participant

Probably supposed to just sit and listen and not say a word lol 😆.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I am seriously wondering if Karma is involved. Quite a while back whilst in a job I was terribly terribly stressed about how things where playing out . Managers where expecting alot from employees but some took no notice and got away with stuff. I was very stressed and complained alot , got upset alot and shouted a bit at home about it . I didn’t know how to deal with it . Now a while after someone else is stressed and they are shouting and in bad moods regularly. Is this just life and not what I think it is . I needed to get this off my chest.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I think people can also grow apart 🤔. There are things that have been said and done too me that I would never say or do to others and yes it’s categorised as abusive on his part . So in some respects he has been abusive towards me . Still doesn’t stop me disliking myself.

Stargazing1
      Participant

He has belittled me . Said disgusting things to me . He’s mocked me . He’s not always been respectful of my health. He’s thrown things and kicked things . He’s shouted and sworn at me for not wanting to be intamate. I’ve never done that . My opinions need to not be said . Etc etc .

Lightning-Jet
      Participant

Hi Stargazing1,

We absolutely do know their true colours; they are like 2 different people. They wear a mask in public, which is the same mask they wore when they first met you.
      But the majority of the time, the mask is only removed behind closed doors.

I’m not convinced they can change either, I’ve had it for so many years now, I find it hard to believe my OH will ever be any different. But I do find it so hard trying to make that break from him.

They have a sense of entitlement and expect intimacy when they want it. In actual fact, its the last thing you want when they treat you the way they do.

When he is nice, its all to suck you back in again; all part of their cycle. Look up bread crumbing – its just a part of their manipulation tactics.

Speaking to you like that is never ok and you are absolutely entitled to your opinion! They do expect you to just sit and listen to them, you are only allowed to agree with them, but disagreeing with them is forbidden!

Being in a toxic environment at home where it is supposed to be a safe space, will affect how you cope in other areas of life. Even the smallest things can seem like the worst thing in the world.

It is not your fault, you do not control how he acts. Please don’t beat yourself up!

He has no right to belittle, mock, be disrespectful towards you – and you have every right to get away from the toxicity.

Sending you a big hug x

Stargazing1
      Participant

Thank you so much @Lightning-Jet , I really appreciate your kindness, time and support ❤️. I am always grateful for anybodies support it means a great Deal. I will look up Bread crumbling . Sending a gentle hug back . Please take care of yourself and keep safe. Sending kind blessings your way . Your reply really means a great deal.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’m getting grief off him again.

Stargazing1
      Participant

No shouting but complaining about sensitive issues. Apparently he’s never wrong .

Stargazing1
      Participant

He wants me to lie to other people. I won’t lie .

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’m being dictated too . That’s never right .

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’m very offended by his bolshy voice. He’s made me feel like c**p . He’s always complaining about something or someone . No one can ever do right in his eyes . Hes despicable.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’ve been rather stressed about something. Not sleeping very well at all . I’ve cried a bit 😢. I’ve even felt anxious too but I’ve not been shouting at anyone. I know if the boot was on the other foot I’d be shouted at by him .

Stargazing1
      Participant

Someone is in a bad mood again.

Stargazing1
      Participant

Hoping and praying for a day by myself tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Hoping his hobby is taking place.

Stargazing1
      Participant

Feeling emotional.

Stargazing1
      Participant

He’s done nothing but complain all morning. Can’t wait until tomorrow.

Stargazing1
      Participant

He’s always putting people down . Never thinking he’s ever wrong. He’s never got anything good to Say about anyone only himself and his side of the family.

Stargazing1
      Participant

Apparently he’s tired and Apparently that’s why he’s bolshy and also intimacy hasn’t taken place and he’s angry about that too .

Stargazing1
      Participant

All his complaining has stressed me out .

Stargazing1
      Participant

Peace at last .

Stargazing1
      Participant

I think my pet is more calmer when he’s not around.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’m really really fed up .

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’m always pig in the middle. Family tension is something I can’t deal with .

Stargazing1
      Participant

He’s such a hypocrite.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’ve been informed by him he’s a good liar .

Stargazing1
      Participant

I am very confused about something. My husband has told me my son is trying to control me . I am very confused about everything. Conversations take place in the company of my son and the next day my husband speaks about it . I am so very unsure about everything. I don’t know what to think anymore.

Stargazing1
      Participant

Is it me that’s the issue????? Or is it him and other family members.

Stargazing1
      Participant

Conflicting messages all the time . It’s just messing with my head . I’m fed up of all of it .

Stargazing1
      Participant

Feeling very sad and shaky and stressed. It’s starting to affect my IBD . Really am fed up .

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’ve made another appointment with womens aid for next week. This week is inconvenient.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I can’t wait to talk to the person at womens aid.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’m not feeling my best today 😕 .

Stargazing1
      Participant

Wishing it was next Friday.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I do want a chat with the person at Womens aid but I feel shaky and nervous. I know they are there to support and this time I don’t feel like I’m betraying him . I just feel very nervous. He’s not been shouting recently but there has been stuff said which hopefully I can talk about today . Hopefully some clarity will come about so I’m less confused.

Stargazing1
      Participant

My stomach is in knots . Really nervous. I suppose it could me being doubtful but I am still going to take the call .

Stargazing1
      Participant

Fear of the unknown upsets my stomach alot . I need to try and calm myself down .

Eggshells
      Participant

Your feelings are very normal. Talking to someone who is employed to look after survivors of abuse is a bit like taking the first real step to accepting that you are actually suffering abuse and that is a massive thing to take on board. Deep down, you know what’s going on but the idea of having an expert confirm it can feel quite confronting.

All I can say is that I felt the same before I first spoke to a professional but after that conversation I just felt a huge sense relief.

It sounds as though your partner may be gas lighting you. I would recommend that you get a discreet digital voice recorder. It really opened my eyes to be able to play back conversations and hear him say things that he later denied saying and to hear how he twisted and turned the narrative to confuse me.

I hope your conversation with WA is helpful. They are your advocates and they will understand exactly what’s going on. xx

Stargazing1
      Participant

Thank you so much for your kindness @Eggshells. I really appreciate your support. I did manage to speak with someone but understand because I couldn’t go through with it last time I have got to start from the beginning again. I just didn’t have the strength to go through with it last time but now I feel i can speak about it . Apparently it is abuse . I’m just so blinkered part of me sees it and maybe the other part either doesn’t see it or just doesn’t want to believe it . I’ve sent another money to the local womens aid and I now await a response. I have apologised too them I just hope I haven’t messed everything up for myself. Thanks again. Please take care of yourself. Sending kind blessings your way.

Eggshells
      Participant

You haven’t messed anything up. I can take several attempts to successfully leave and abusive relationship. WA understand that very well and they understand the reasons why. Don’t look back, ust focus on what you need to do now. xx

Stargazing1
      Participant

Thank you again @Eggshells 💓, your support is really appreciated. This time I will make sure I talk about it all . Sending once again kind blessings. Take care of yourself too please.

Eggshells
      Participant

Thanks. I will. I’m out so life is much simpler and safer for me now. Take care xx

Stargazing1
      Participant

Your very welcome @Eggshells . So happy for you. So glad you got out . That takes a great deal of strength to do that . Good for you 👍. I’m so glad life is so much simpler for you . I hope to aim for the same eventually. I’m so very happy for you . 💓. All the best with everything. Nice one 👍. Thank you 😊.

Stargazing1
      Participant

He’s starting again. Not so much shouting but he has got a gripe . Threats I suppose.

Stargazing1
      Participant

It’s makes me very sad and unhappy.

Stargazing1
      Participant

Being told stuff which I class as a threat. Not very valued then .

Stargazing1
      Participant

Everything is so messed up . It’s draining.

Stargazing1
      Participant

People have noticed he’s ignorant.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’m 99 per cent sure he’s got major issues with my daughter and my son . My husband is their step dad .

Stargazing1
      Participant

He never has issues with his blood relatives just my blood relatives .

Stargazing1
      Participant

Feeling frazzled and anxious over different things.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’m wondering if more stress will occur. Just things that are up in the air it’s just making me wonder. There’s always something not quite right.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I am feeling sad today 😞 😔.

Stargazing1
      Participant

There’s tension arising. Someone is really stressed. No wonder I feel rubbish 😒.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I do realise he’s not happy . I am definitely the cause of this .

Stargazing1
      Participant

Been shouted at again all to do with intimacy. He shouted and then slammed a door.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I always seem to say the wrong words all the time.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’m messing up all the time .

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’ve made an effort to speak even though I was shouted at and slamming doors . He’s not in a very good mood. I suppose I’m just trying to be reasonable .

Stargazing1
      Participant

There is still a part of me that thinks they have got it all wrong.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I hate myself anyway. Despite of everything that’s occurring.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I would call a helpline but I feel so stupid.

Stargazing1
      Participant

Due to the cost of living prices are more expensive. Due to age i get (detail removed by Moderator) from time to time . Due to expense I don’t do as much with it as I would like . When the (detail removed by Moderator) appears I get slated .

Stargazing1
      Participant

I don’t know what to think about myself anymore. Don’t know if I’m stupid or not . Part of me thinks I am stupid and a rubbish person. Keep thinking I’ve brought all this on myself.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’m waiting for a telling off for (detail removed by Moderator) . It will happen I know I’m just waiting.

Stargazing1
      Participant

I haven’t had an apology for yesterday.

Stargazing1
      Participant

If I’ve ever had a (detail removed by Moderator) I’ve been told im dirty.

Stargazing1
      Participant

Looks like I’m in the dog house .

Stargazing1
      Participant

I think he’d rather me not have anything to do with my side of the family. They say stuff don’t they . They say hurtful things .

Stargazing1
      Participant

I’ve called a helpline today. I needed to talk to someone. I’m getting a bit worried. The atmosphere is full of tension not on my part either.

Stargazing1
      Participant

Being ignored.

Stargazing1
      Participant

It’s making me hate myself more and more .

Stargazing1
      Participant

I think I’ve got to choose between either him or my son and daughter.

Stargazing1
      Participant

And the silent treatment goes on and on.

Stargazing1
      Participant

He’s been so unbelievably two faced .

Stargazing1
      Participant

They way things have been Today have made me hate myself just that little bit more .

Stargazing1
      Participant

I think he will be expecting to be waited on hand and foot because it’s Fathers Day . Charming

Stargazing1
      Participant

Despite him getting his own way he still finds a moment to complain and make a big issue about things . Things are never going to be good enough.

Viewing 83 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content