Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #126535

      Evening Ladies,

      I need your help!

      I’m in a toxic and mentally abusive relationship and I need out. I mentally can’t take anymore 😢 I feel like I’m going to break.

      We have children together and in a renting property. What can I do? I need to leave but he always tell me I won’t manage/cope on my own. Will I be able to stay in the rented accommodation.

      Any help/advice greatly appreciated

    • #126558
      Main Moderator

      Hi Keeponfighting

      I just wanted to show you some support. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through.You could think about speaking to your GP about how you are feeling.

      You will be able to cope on your own, you are a very strong person. You could speak to Shelter about your housing rights and whether it would be possible to have him removed from the tenancy, there is also the option of going into a refuge, or speaking to your local council for help with accommodation.

      If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (open 10am-6pm every day). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here:

      Take care and please keep posting,


    • #126664

      Dear Keeponfighting = how are you doing? I’m sorry to hear it is so bad for you. I would definitely recommend calling either the domestic abuse helpline or using the live chat at women’s aid. The people I have spoken to have been so lovely and helpful. Not told me what to do, but helped me to see things clearly and calmly which is definitely needed.

      You’ve done great by coming here and I hope you can get the practical help you need. Sending lots of love x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account