Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Alittlelost
      Participant

I went saw womans aid drop in last week. She gave me things to think about and said she would call me today. She hasnt called between the hours i said it was safe. I really needed to talk. I really was depending on that call and its not happened. Its now too late to phone the 24/7 womans aid helpline because he could come back from work anytime. I feel sooi low. I dont have the workers number to contact her tomro either. I feel like maybe she forgot. Maybe she just off ill or something. I dont know but i feel so low. I have no where else to turn.

Alittlelost
      Participant

There is another drop in session tomro. I ront know if i should go again. However because theres so many woman needing help you only get 5-10 mins to chat. I need to sit or on phone talk to someone longer. Im so confused and low.

Cecile
      Participant

Hi I hope someone online here can help you. You are absolutely doing the right thing by posting. The confusion is part of the FOG others talk about, we all are familiar with this. Fear, obligation, guilt. X

Hetty
      Participant

Try again tomorrow. You need/deserve support. Don’t let this bad experience leave you downhearted. Book a gp appt and request counselling. Look up local charities that might have support on offer.
      Don’t give up. Don’t let this bad experience shut you down. I’m really sorry you’ve had this experience.
      You can post on here. You’re not alone x

Alittlelost
      Participant

Thanks. I think i will ring the helpline in the morning and see what they say about going to another drop in or not. Thanks everyone. My mental health state is so bad right now. Im so depressed. My friends dont understand and i cant talk to my parents. I feel so alone.

Cecile
      Participant

can you go to your GP? You don’t have to be this low- they can perhaps prescribe something to help clarify your thoughts and raise your mood. It will surprise you how amazingly beneficial this can be.x

Hetty
      Participant

You’re not alone on here x

Alittlelost
      Participant

I do have a community mental health team but they dont seem bothered enough to help me. They go weeks and weeks not talking contacting me even if i feel so low i dont wanna live anymore.i guess i will try make a appointment with my gp and hope they are bit more responsive.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there many things crop up at the drop in centres. Definitely give them another call and another if you have to. In our state of minds we dont push fir fear of rejection,of not feeling we’re worth the effort from others but we are. Sadly WA are so busy and sometimes when we find the courage to approach them and we dont get anything out of it after taking the time and building ourselves up to do something out with our comfort zone, we don’t keep at it. We are super sensitive to how others
      treat us and talk to us. We are always here to talk to in the meantime. 💞💞

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content