Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lightning-Jet
      Participant

I found the abuse cycle diagram on the net, I feel that I just keep going round & round constantly. Why can’t I just end this relationship?
      Its my house, he moved in with me, I need him to leave now!
      But why am I so reluctant to do it? I coped before without him. But I can’t seem to just tell him, its always a gamble with his mood swings. I never know how to approach him.
      Does anyone else wrestle with themselves & their conscience?
      Thanks x

Chickadee
      Participant

It is the control and fear. You stated you own the house, good. Find your inner strength and tell him to get out or you will have the authorities present to remove him. Break the cycle.

Stop worrying about the right time to approach, that is the fear talking. You can do it. Break the cycle.

Here when you need to talk. Hugs.

Chickadee

Lightning-Jet
        Participant

Thanks Chickadee,

You are exactly right, it is the fear and control. I worry about when to tell him, I worry about the reaction, it is so difficult it really is.

I know I need to break that cycle once and for all, it amazes me that the pattern of abuse is a classic example & I just didn’t see it coming.

Thank you so much x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content