Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Starmoon
      Participant

Maybe I was just not enough, or both what he wanted… could that really be it. I always feel like I’m over playing the things he did. I try to make a real effort to make sure I’m not making a mountain out of a mole hill… like it really wasn’t that big of a deal and I just kept messing up. He was always too good for me which sucks… but it doesn’t make him abusive. I’ve read that people don’t admit to being physically abused because of shame. The physical side was so minimal I didn’t mention it as it wasn’t worth it… and even if I had, the shame was mine as I felt people would think I must’ve pushed him too it. He’s such an amazing guy with everyone els so it really must’ve always been me.

Cuppatea
      Participant

Sweetheart why are you carrying his guilt for him, that is his to carry.

Many abusers are like that, they’re very kind to the outside world. As they want to show them they are this amazing person when in reality they’re a bag of s***e.
      They do not know the real him.
      Where as you, the person he was with 24/7 got to see that.
      Like my ex said he wasn’t angry as he wasn’t living with me before and now that he is that’s why he’s angry. It doesn’t make sense does it? But that’s what it is they can’t take accountability for their actions and their justification is YOU made them do it. Which is a wrong ideology. When a person behaves this way it makes you feel as though it’s your fault. But truth be told, you can say what you want to someone and seeing your comment I’m sure no matter how nice and kind you are to him he’d probably turn it around and take offence out of it.

Like you say what you want to me but in the end how I behave back to you whether that’s verbally or physically that’s on me. And same goes for him. He is a grown a*s man and it’s time he steps up and carry his own bag of guilt.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content