Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Violetdream
      Participant

hi everyone, haven’t posted for a few months now but finding the recent weeks to be quite difficult. I never know whether I am being over the tod ‘too needy’ as he says, I basically feel like I’m in a constant state of confusion. My husband has a very addictive personality, has always been addicted to something- gambling, sex- he is xomlletely

Violetdream
      Participant

Pressed send by accident.. basically he is completely self destructive. But he destroys me too. I am and always have been bottom of the priority list. I feel so alone all.of the time. At the moment the addiction is work. He works 7 days a week, every hour of the day. He has stopped sleeping because he is so obseaawd with it. He leaves me to do everything else and is not remotely interested in me or anything else. I just struggle with this because I feel so so alone and unhappy. He is not physically abusive to me but is extremely manipulative, dismissve and sexist. He makes me feel so unimportant yet here I am almost begging him for a little love and attention, even just a moment of time. Why do I do that? I feel like the easy answer is leave and be happy but I just dont. Why? Hate myself for it. I get so overwhelmed that I have started to self harm. Just really struggling in isolation. I’m.sure lots of younger too đź’” stay safe girls xx

KIP.
      Participant

Google trauma bonding. Abuse for me was 99 percent psychological. Have you read Living with the Dominator. This man chooses to abuse you because that’s where he gets pleasure and he won’t change. Concentrate on yourself and cut him out your life. Looking for him for validation and affection for your own happiness is disastrous. Never knowing if you’re coming or going is a sure sign of abuse. It’s designed to keep us confused so we don’t work out his actions are deliberately nasty and hurtful. Ring the national domestic abuse helpline and make a safe exit plan.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

He’s wearing you down psychologically. If he systematically beat you wouldn’t you leave? More to the point, think about leaving. It’s not about leaving, it’s about staying. Read why does he do that by Lundy Bancroft, or Living with the dominator by pat Craven. Knowing why we stay opens our eyes. Walking on eggshells not knowing if you’re coming or going, they are signs of abuse. Keep posting and reading others posts, knowledge is power. IWMB

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content