Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hey all

I recently posted on the is it abuse forum “am i being dramatic” and things keep happening. I have tried calling womens aid several times but they are always understandably busy and i dont feel confident enough to speak to GP etc about it. Something happened recently and ive noticed this trend that when he does something wrong ie treats mein a disrespectful manner, he never actually apologises .. ever. And when he does it is because i literally stand there for 30 mins looking at him and he asks what do you want me to say… i feel sooooo so so drained and exhausted and tired. All i do is comfort eat for the past few months and have managed to gain 10kg frm that
      .. it makes me feel even worse. I cant see life ever looking good.

KIP.
      Participant

Have you tried your local women’s aid? Talking with an abuser is pointless. They just either lie, change the goal posts or turn everything back on you. You won’t win because they don’t think the same way we do. The bottom line is you’re desperately unhappy. And looking to this man to make you happy just won’t work. You need to cut him out and take care of yourself. Don’t look to him for validation or even an explanation. He won’t change and he will destroy your mental and physical health. That’s what abuse does.

Hi KIP, the waiting lists for the local service are currently closed but I spoke to a kind lady on the phone just after seeing your message and she reassured me that the waiting lists would open again in a few weeks. She also said she would try to get a female counsellor to talk things through with me so that is good. I am also typing up an email to send to womens aid email so that I can receive a response hopefully in a few days. I don’t know how people have the strength to leave. I am focusing on trying to get a job to pay off debts and start saving up to go.

hope you are well

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content