Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Chocywaa
      Participant

I’m not sure if I’m doing this right. I really need to offload but just can’t work out how to post. I’m new and want to know if this is abuse I think I’m finally realising it is.

Butterfly-Warrior
      Participant

Hello and welcome.

I made my first post and just gave a brief description of how I was feeling, my advice is just write something down and read it back to yourself, chances are you will know its not normal behaviour from your partner. I also think you have come to this group for clarity which is what I done. The different subjects on the forum will help you a lot.
      So just be truthful and hopefully you can get answers on what type of abuse you are going through and hopefully get some help.

x

Whenisitenough
      Participant

After (detail removed by Moderator) year of marriage and two kids plus one on the way. I think I have realized that a i am in a mental and emotional abusive relationship. It hasn’t been diagnose, also believe that he is bipolar on so many different levels. When we argue and he starts with the name callings and telling me how useless I am, he fires me up and I feel that it’s a must to fight back verbally. He is a heavy drinker and also consumes drugs occasionally as far as I know He has cheated and I learned this just after the pandemic began, thinking to myself how can I support and provide to my kids, (detail removed by Moderator) is home to me yes but only for the past (detail removed by Moderator) years. I think this is also why i joined this forum is maybe to get clarity or help in the correct direction if i want to seek help. I always fear of him taking my kids away from as he has said that’s what he will do. I can’t live without them, nor do i trust someone that drinks heavily and consumes drugs to look after my toddlers.
      This is my first time posting and i hope to get some positive feedback and help.
      Cheers

Teaandcats
        Participant

And welcome, Whenisitenough too

nbumblebee
      Participant

Hello new ladies.
      My advice just go for it. Pour out your heart tell us as much or as little as you like you will find that whilst all our stories are different they all have similar qualities.
      Some have left some are on the verge and some like me are still finding their feet but all of us understand and are here for you.
      Read as much as you can on here it may help you understand your own feelings a bit more.
      Take a deep breath and let it all out xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Chocywaa,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum. I hope you find the forum a safe and supportive place to be with others who understand. Here is the link to the Forum FAQ’s to help with starting a new topic: https://survivorsforum.womensaid.org.uk/about-your-profile/survivors-forum-faqs/#1516805648059-5f577351-9b3a

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (open every day). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Keep posting when you are able to, there is support here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Anonymous
      Inactive

@Chocywaa you’ve posted perfectly, now you know how to do it you can post in any section you want to when you want, it is a horrible realisation when you work out you’ve been abused, now you have the knowledge (and connections through this) you can make choices for what is right for you that will keep you safer, allow your freedom and rebuild your confidence that was broken down, your in a space where we all understand, can empathise and we’ll listen to whatever it is you feel you need to share, but I’m really glad you’ve become aware 💗💞💗

Teaandcats
      Participant

Welcome Choccywaa.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content