Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      beachbum
      Participant

Hi everyone, I’m new here and looking for a bit of support. I’ve been with my current boyfriend a number of years, very much in love despite others opinions on the relationship. I’ve only recently come to terms with the fact the relationship is an abusive one, and I feel so confused about everything. I don’t know where or who to turn to and just wanted to say hi on here to find some non judgmental support. I feel embarrassed and ashamed and don’t want people to pity me, but I could really use people to talk to.

beachbum
      xoxo

KIP.
      Participant

Hey beach bum. You have nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about. Abuse can affect anyone and I didn’t realise for decades that I was being abused. The helpline number on here is available 24 hours if you need to speak to someone. They are great. Welcome to a site full of lovely supportive ladies x

beachbum
        Participant

Thanks KIP, everyone seems lovely on here, I’m so glad I’ve found this community x

Indiansummer
      Participant

Hi Beachbum,

You did the right thing by registering here. It is such a friendly and helpful forum.
      I’m sorry you found yourself in an abusive relationship, but even realising it is already the first step in getting out.
      X

iwillbeok
      Participant

Welcome beachbum – sorry to hear that you are going through this. Please don’t feel ashamed or guilty – these men are master manipulators! I was also in an abusive marriage for decades before he crossed the line and the scales fell from my eyes. You have found a very supportive, caring place here to share your feelings, your fears, your dreams and hopefully your journey of being free from abuse. You deserve to be safe, respected and free. Xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content