Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      SparkofLight1
      Participant

Hi everyone,

My name is SparkofLight1 and this is my first post on the forum. After leaving an abusive relationship, I thought it was over and I was free….Oh, was I wrong! Now, I’m on the forum looking for support, as I’ve reached my limit and
      realised that I can no longer stand against the attacks (mostly mental and emotional) on my own.

The process of reaching out and getting help, e.g. from authorities, has been overwhelming to say the least.
      I’m also not used to putting myself out there, but I’m hoping doing it in this safe space would give me the push to keep going and fighting/speaking up and out against inappropriate behaviour.

That being said, when I scrolled through briefly and saw some of the topic headings, I had to hold myself back from crying. I can’t believe and I’m sad at how many women are going through similar things. It is quite triggering.

I will take my time and go through it, and hopefully I will be able to learn, receive and give support.

I wish everyone the best xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi SparkofLight1

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum. You did really well to reach out and post for the first time. I hope you find the forum a supportive place to be.

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (open 10am-6pm every day). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat
      service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Do keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Watersprite
      Participant

Welcome Sparkoflight1 I hope you find this a safe non judgemental helpful forum. It’s a place none of us ever wanted or deserved to be. Well done for leaving – my guess is that for you, like me and many others the abuse continues after leaving. Every time he crossed a line put up another boundary. It’s exhausting, frightening and unjust. You can get civil orders like non molestation orders from NCDV and contact women’s aid. You will get through and you are not alone x stand tall in your truth and bravery. I hope you feel able to post again if you want x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content