Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Loononthemoon
      Participant

Hi everyone. This is my first post even though I’ve been looking through other posts for months trying to make sense of my situation and my feelings. Reading your posts has been so helpful in trying to understand what I’ve been going through, getting information and the courage to try and improve life for me and my kids.

Don’t stop posting, you never know who needs your words, it does make a difference.

In my case, most of the abuse is mental or emotional and I never spoke about it to anyone, I was ashamed and confused, especially when it was directed at the kids. Now, I have support from victim support, a social worker and I’ve opened up to family and friends who I believe I can trust. It turns out, a trusted neighbour I opened up to, told me she had heard some of the shouting and had thought of calling the police a couple of times. I’m going to remember this when I’m feeling confused or minimising what’s happened. I’m finding things difficult as my ex is coming round to see the kids but seems to spending his time working on me. It’s so important I stay strong so I’m going to keep checking in on the forums and reading my Lundy Bancroft book.

Sending love x

Bananaboat
      Participant

Welcome and congratulations for getting out. Education really helps those feelings as you start to see their behaviour in a different light, Lundy’s book is great, I found DR Ramani on YouTube good too. It’s ok to have mixed feelings, even though you’ve left an abuser, you’re still going through a relationship breakup and all that entails. You miss what you thought you had or would have. I’m glad you reached out to your neighbour, I often wonder how mine have never said anything, I remember being in public places and him shouting at me or making threats and no one helping, I guess it’s just the society we live in now, but as you say it’s fantastic you’re getting the help now. Stay strong, he’s going to try every trick to win you back but remember it’s not real and you deserve more x

Loononthemoon
      Participant

Thank you Bananaboat. I appreciate your reply. I haven’t checked out Dr Ramani yet but I will do ! I think outsiders just don’t want to get involved, especially when it’s a couple. Yes, there’s been a fair bit of emotional blackmail and I’m trying to prepare myself for more of the same, in particular over the festive period x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content