Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello ….. I am not new to the forum but i am new to the new style forum!

Still struggling and living day to day with post-separation abuse and living in the same community that I lived with him.

Looking forward to reconnecting with people on here, finding a bit of support and offering my support to others.

This forum was a life line for me a while ago…… its good to be back!

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi I want,

Takes a bit of getting use to but its worth it for the support. Great to have you back.

How things going for you?

FS

Hi thanks for welcoming me back Falling Skys.

I am glad to be back but I am struggling to find my way round the forum a bit!! does it take long to get used to?

I have had quite a bad day actually. Lots of post separation abuse from him over the last few weeks (nothing I can report) and today I had an argument with a close friend because she does not really understand abuse and wants me to “understand his side” to her I am being unreasonable …. should make more effort etc. What she does not understand is that stepping away and saying “this is his stuff not mine” is part of recovering.

So I am very happy to be back for some sanity and some perspectives from people who have taken a similar journey.

How are you? its been ages since I have been on the forum? when did it change? I was going to come on it when it first changed but it did not recognise my password and i was put off. I have finally re-regested now though 🙂

SaharaD
      Participant

Welcome back I want to break free.

You don’t have to put up with his post separation abuse. By abusing you, he is actually abusing the children. He is preventing them from having a happy and healthy Mum.

Imagine if you were in a refuge and got rid of your phone and changed all of your online accounts and told friends and family not to contact you then how would he abuse you.

Nothing he does is insignificant. I would record it all, you just get a simple incident number from 101 and then take the huge file to the Non-molestation order Judge. Then he will have no choice but to go through a third party or a contact centre for drop off and pick up to see the kids.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content