Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Nomoredrama
      Participant

Hi all, I’m kind of new here. Was on here before but never reactivated my account after the site update.

In need of a bit of support at the moment.

I’ve finally done it. After (detail removed by moderator)years of post separation abuse ranging from physical, to sexual and emotional I have finally reported him (detail removed by moderator).

Don’t really want to go into the full details but he was on a last chance for contact with my lo after a recent prison sentence. Well he’s been messing it up for weeks slipping back to being abusive which resulted in me refusing to supervise contact anymore. I offered someone else to supervise and he threw it (along with a remote control!) in my face.

Ended up with him threatening me badly.

I’ve reported the incident to the police and ss so they are up to date with my stance on contact, which is none anymore unless he goes through court.

I’ve got to go and give a formal statement later this week which they have allocated 4 hours for. I’m guessing they’ve checked his history and seen domestic violence so are going to try and get him for any historical abuse as well as this incident to give that long for taking a statement.

There is so much historical abuse I could report but I don’t know if I feel strong enough to do it and go through the trial it would no doubt end up with.

I’m absolutely s******g myself now I’ve reported him and feel more at risk than I did before. What if they don’t lock him up?! Hopefully they should at least recall him as he’s still on licence. I’m feeling horrible and like I’ve over reacted and done the wrong thing…

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

Well done you. It’s obviously a very scary time for you and you’ve been very brace to do this.

Can you start making little notes to yourself of all the things that have happened so that when you do your interview you have notes to refresh your memory?

Have you told the police how exposed you feel?

Indiamalachite
      Participant

Well done for reporting it and make sure you keep safe. I hope they take it seriously. Hugs xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content