Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Supermum
      Participant

I’m new to the forums, thought I’d say hallo, I don’t know what to share as the rules don’t allow the typical kind of intro, but I guess I can say I’m a mum, I’m married, and I’ve recently started to talk about my relationship with various people like a counsellor, my doctor, a couple of domestic abuse helplines, and a couple of very good friends, and people keep telling me my husbands behaviour is far from normal, some have said it’s abusive, a couple of people have told me he has raped me. I find it really hard to use these words. Earlier this year I would have said I had a good marriage. Now I find myself considering leaving. We’ve had two social services referrals recently, not sure what I can say about that, it’s ongoing and he doesn’t yet know.

Every day I struggle with this problem – I want to be free of it and free my kids from it – but I also find it nigh on impossible to imagine actually leaving, or better still, getting him to leave so that me and the kids can stay in our home.

gold for a king
      Participant

Hi Supermum, I hope you find a way for you and your kids to leave. If you are not already doing this you should keep a diary of all the times he is horrible to you and your kids. Make a note of the date and time of each incident. Take pictures on your phone of any signes of abuse or outbursts. Pop your phone on record if there are any signs of trouble. Document as much as you can so when the time comes you are prepared. Think about getting a heavy duty gorilla case for your phone in case he smashes that up too. Tell your kids you are proud of them for reporting his behaviour to the school. Good luck xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content