Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Shelly123
      Participant

Hi all,
      I am new here i am due a baby any day and have managed to break away from my emotionally abusive ex who has turned and isolated me from people i was close with. I feel like shouting off the rooftops how emotionaly avusive he was but they wont listen as they think i need to be in a mental institute as he has made out like i am mental. so here i am surviving with extra hormones from this lil one so emotions are up and down. Will be a hard journey but we will survive. I owe it to my baby to break away but how do you stay strong

Serenity
      Participant

There is an amazing woman on Facebook called Emma Murphy, from Dublin, Ireland. She was in your situation. She is an amazing inspiration.

I wish I had seen her posts a year ago, because her strength is infectious.

She said her ex used to tell her that her insecurities would end up killing her. A veiled threat, that she needed to shut up and put up, or else. They deny everything, pretending you are delusional or crazy.

You sound like a very strong lady and with support you will be ok. Keep asking for the right help.

“Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.”
      X

Shelly123
        Participant

Thank you serenity i have just looked up emma and will have a read. Love the quote at the end x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Shelly123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum. You have been so strong already by managing to break away, so I’m sure you will be able to use that strength to keep going. Having a baby is such an emotional and challenging time for any woman, and it is a time that we know abuse often escalates, so you have absolutely done the right thing.

I’m very sorry to read that he has been lying and making out to others that there is something wrong with you, sadly this is almost always what abusers do, as a way to try to deflect any responsibility and to confuse those around them. Unfortunately the friends and families of abusers often do not realise the true nature of the abuser, or choose not to.

Your recovery will be aided if you avoid contact with your ex and any of his acquaintances. Try not to feel pressure to allow him or any of them contact with your baby. If you want to read more about your rights in relation to child contact have a look on the following website;
      http://www.rightsofwomen.org.uk

Getting the right support can really help, so do get in touch with your local domestic abuse service to see what support they can offer.

Unfortunately this part of the forum isn’t always read by forum users, so I recommend creating a new topic in one of the other forums, you could just copy and paste your original post.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content