Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Tiffany
      Participant

Finally got myself a new phone number. He hasn’t contacted me recently but it feels good to be back in control of who can contact me. I thought it might be hard changing numbers as I have always had the same number. Actually it has been really lovely getting a new one as I have had to text everyone I know to give them my new number,so it has started lots of nice positive conversations.

backtome
      Participant

Well done Tiffany, it’s good to hear you feel in control. Thanks for sharing. x

Tiffany
      Participant

Literally one day after the switch he contacted me on social media. I blocked him and the next day he emailed me. I ignored that as I am too tired to switch email now, but it has to be the next step I think.

White Rose
      Participant

Frustrating!
      You can block emails – all providers seem to do it in a different way but Google it and see if it would work for you.
      I’ve blocked him on my home enail and work too. I couldn’t change my work email as its a big organisation with specific email address. It means his mail goes into junk folder in work and directly to bin folder at home.
      I can choose whether to read them, mostly I don’t but I do always save the messages as evidence.
      Only problem is he had a number of emails and keep setting up new ones (I think he realised I’d blocked him!) so there was a lot of blocking to do!
      In the past I bought a cheap mobile just for his contact when we needed contact regarding child. Now shes an adult I use a free call blocker app on my mobile now just in case. This has been good for other regular cold callers too but won’t work if he changes his number.
      I know he used to spy on my social media via a friend’s account but they’ve now fallen out. I wouldn’t be surprised if he hadn’t set a second account just for that reason but my settings are very private and I don’t post much and nothing personal.
      Good luck xx

Ayanna
      Participant

Well done. I changed phone numbers twice already because he found me on What’s App.

It takes some time to get rid of them.

Tiffany
      Participant

Yeah, I got a new WhatsApp account instead of transferring my old one as I was afraid he would be able to find my new number through it. Bit of a pain, but worth it for the freedom.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content