Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Velveteenbun
      Participant

I split up with my abusive ex several years ago. We have a son so he is still part of my life. I am now in my first serious relationship since him. We have been together several months. We have taken our relationship very very slowly.
      My ex has recently dredged up past feelings by demanding more contact with my son and threatening me with various things. I am very wary with my current partner as it is I read a lot into his actions and although he has proved time and time again he is nothing like my ex even the tiniest similarity becomes a huge brick wall in my mind I have to knock down.
      I feel like I am pushing him away and projecting ky exs behaviour onto him because they are both men. I have this voice that keeps saying they are men they just want to own you just like he did, you will never be free as long as you date a man. Which is ridiculous but I can’t get rid of it. I don’t want to lose someone I really love and who for the first time in my life makes me feel what its like to be loved and not just loved as a possesion.

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

Its natural to be on guard , i havent met any one yet and im already on guard when i get any attention , all i can suggest is to get him to be patient with u and part of falling in love is risking to get hurt but look on positive he may do opposite and make u so happy, i know its hard not to compare but that is what we have to, try and do i think,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content