• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by KIP..
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Onlywayisup
      Participant

Newbie here, im not sure where to start, my ex partner has always liked a drink, there has been times when he loses his temper and smashes doors he has pushed me and kicked me but never punched or hurt the children. A (detail removed by moderator) we were both out he went home (detail removed by moderator) before me, as i pulled up in the taxi my daughter who is (detail removed by moderator) called to say she had found the puppy in the garden with its two (detail removed by moderator) legs broke my partner had let the dogs out. I ran in, found the puppys (detail removed by moderator) and (detail removed by moderator), shouted my partner (detail removed by moderator), he said the puppy had hurt its legs in the garden, i called the police as it didnt add up, whilst on the phone to the police he pulled the (detail removed by moderator) back up, grabbed his shot gun which was (detail removed by moderator) and took it up to his (detail removed by moderator). police came he was arrested, the next day i had social services come out, myself and the children had to go and stay somewhere safe to stay. My ex partner is being investigated by the RSPCA for animal Cruelty, myself and my children have left the house and are back in our home town, His family have been absolutely vile to me, trolling me online, they changed the locks on my partners house, took my car off me, would only let us take our clothes and personal belongings, myself and my two daughters are homeless waiting to get housed by the council, my ex rings me says he has stopped drinking, begs me to go back, talks about killing himself. Im trying so hard to be strong for my children and plod on..my anxiety is through the roof..there’s times when i feel i cannot breathe. His family say i should of called a vet instead of the police, im so confused and hurt and lost.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there, well done in doing what you did. You did the right thing, you trusted your instincts, acted on instinct. My oh broke one of my dogs legs a long time ago, made up a story which I backed up as I couldn’t believe he’d done it on purpose,a chain reaction of events. Knowing what I know now, what I’ve witnessed over the years, it may not have been a deliberate act,but his temper made it happen. Dont be surprised if your puppy was thrown from a height to sustain those injuries. Ours was, lifted up and thrown down, not even that high, but enough to have hurt it so badly.
      He cannot have changed his abusive ways just like that, don’t worry what his family are saying and doing, block everyone you have to. Protect yourself and your children from him and them.
      You’re in the right place to get your head around all this. Get in touch with victim support too. They can help as well. Have you spoke to WA yet, let them help you. Get restraining orders arranged, anything to keep you all safe. If someone can hurt an animal this way(and he will have) he’ll have no qualms of doing it to a person eventually, just a matter of time. You’ll need some breathing space from him,you all do. Be kind to yourself. Do you know how when you watch those wild animal programmes and you’ll see one of the big cats and it’s all shaking and quivering. That’s it getting rid of its excess adrenaline after the chase. You may be doing the same, feel freezing, teeth chattering. It’s your body’s way of getting rid of the excess adrenaline.
      Stay safe, block him, did I already say that, you need time to think. Remember, you’re not in this alone. We’re here for you every step of the easy.
      Best wishes IWMB 💞💞

Onlywayisup
      Participant

Thankyou for your words of advice, and reasurrance. I needed to hear that. I have blocked his family friends and also him now. 💗💗

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Oh well done, be very aware that he/ they will use any means to make contact. How are you doing, takes a while fir it all to sink in. Post anything you want, nothing is of limits as you’ll find out. Only way we realise just what they really did to us. Took me a long time to accept the word rape from my husband. Sexual abuse comes in many forms and guises, learned that financial abuse isn’t all about having to count fir every penny or have your cards taken from you. Absolute support and mo judgement made here. Take care and keep posting, knowledge is power.
      IWMB 💞💞

Onlywayisup
      Participant

Im feeling very anxious, not sleeping very well, my middle daughter has austism so her whole life has been ripped apart, she just wants to go back home, my heart breaks for her. Taking each day as it comes..plodding on and trying to smile and be positive 💗 xx

KIP.
      Participant

Talk to your GP about some medication and some counselling for all of you. Try to look forward to a forever home that no one can chase you from. Report any contact from him to the police. He should have been given bail conditions? It’s going to be a roller coaster ride of emotions. Have you read Living with the Dominator? Are you in touch with womens aid and victim support. If you’re in Scotland they’re offering help up to £3k for victims of crime x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content