Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • #119078

      Hi wondering what I can do. Basically have four children on my own (detail removed by Moderator) older two as they aren’t biologically mine. The father of all four children has alcohol issues and (detail removed by Moderator) broke (detail removed by Moderator) meaning social services were involved (detail removed by Moderator) and it was stepped down to team around the family. However it is now been referred back into social care because their dad made threats to me via the children and was arrested (detail removed by Moderator). I’ve had to leave my job (detail removed by Moderator) because I went against social recommendations of supervised contact even though there was no one to supervise the contact bar me and so my children will now be going into child protection. I feel like I’m being penalised for my children wanting their father around and having no one to be able to support contact. I’m going through a relocation for mine and the children’s safety and could possibly lose my children because I thought I was acting in their best interests. Now I’m going to relocate and not let their dad manipulate me anymore and not put me at risk of loosing my kids. I didn’t think I was in a dv relationship now I know I was and it was for (detail removed by Moderator) years of my life but I’ve got four amazing children

    • #119080

      Have you looked a supervised contact centres? Do you have support from women’s aid?

    • #119309

      It’s all an ongoing process but he doesn’t engage with services just thinks everything will be ok.

    • #119351

      As part of the team around the family do you have domestic abuse support? Perhaps having someone to advocate for you would be helpful. It sounds like you’re realising now the extent of the abuse. Xx

    • #119353
      [email protected]

      You’ll need to take the reigns on this it won’t just work out as he says. (detail removed by moderator). As KIP said a contact centre would be a really good safe option xx you wouldn’t have to see him x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account