Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      msconfused2021
      Participant

Hey Everybody. This will be my first time speaking out about my issues with domestic violence. I have a hard time dealing with it being my fault the reason it happens to me. He tells me all the time that it`s my so I start to actually believe it. Any advice

KIP.
      Participant

Don’t believe a word he says. Abusers blame us for everything and never accept responsibility. He choose to abuse you. He knows exactly what he’s doing and absolutely none of his abuse is your fault x

Eggshells
      Participant

No, I don’t know your circumstances but I do know that it is not your fault. There is no excuse for abuse, ever.

If he genuinely believes that you are driving him to it then he should leave. He is the only one who can control his behaviour. Abusers will blame everything and every one except the one person who is really responsible.

If he wasn’t abusing you he would be abusing another women and blaming her.

Please do reach out to your local domestic abuse charity. Do you feel you would like to tell us more about what has been happening to you?

Empoweredhealing
      Participant

It’s not your fault. The very act of blaming you for his behavior is abusive in itself.
      Arm yourself with knowledge about abusive so that he can’t gaslight you into a prison of self blame.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content