Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Mumma3
      Participant

Hi there, I’m a mum to 3, 1 child with my ex husband. We have been split for almost (detail removed by Moderator) years, we’ve been through numerous court cases of where he has tried to gain full access of our daughter. She has now turned (detail removed by Moderator) years old and has “decided” she wishes to live with her dad. I’ve faught and faught for years, tried to protect her from his mental abuse and have failed. I now do not know where to turn anymore. I’ve had to let her go for my own mental health so he no longer can use her as a tool against me but now I feel he is in even more control. I havent heard or seen my daughter in (detail removed by Moderator) weeks and with everyday it’s getting harder and harder. Sorry if I’m rambling but I feel it’s getting old news to my very few people I have as support

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, just wondering if there is a contact order in place? Are you in touch via WhatsApp or similar? Is there a member of your family who can visit her and talk to her? What about her siblings? Are they older? Can they help? I had to let my son go for my own mental health. He was older but I just couldn’t cope. I’m hoping he will see just how awful his father is and I’ve left the lines of communication open. Was your daughter showing abusive traits? Is that what you mean about letting go for your own mental health.

Mumma3
      Participant

We have a contact order, we are meant to have (detail removed by Moderator) her siblings are younger. She isn’t abusive but her dad is persistently poisoning her. And mentally abusive towards me. I have no family around me at all. I’ve tried contacting her numerous times. She just now ignores me. Didnt even see us on her birthday. My heart and mind is breaking

KIP.
      Participant

Can you get the police to enforce the contact order?

KIP.
      Participant

Do you have support from your local women’s aid? I’d start by calling them for advice.

KIP.
      Participant

By enforcing the order you can use the legal side so she knows she’s breaking a court order and so is he. It might be good to set boundaries now and report his breaches if you go back to (detail removed by Moderator). Is there a reason why he wants her with him? Benefits? New girlfriend etc. Is it possible he will simply get fed up with having (detail removed by Moderator) year old under his feet?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content