Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Rainbow21
      Participant

Hi, I’m not sure what to say really. Looking for support and friends as I have none left and nobody to talk to anymore. I don’t think people really understand abuse and just think it’s over dramatised if they have never suffered it, so as my best friend told me nobody even herself wants to hear my woes so ofcourse nobody is going to speak to me anymore. People only speak to happy people..

I will be here forever if I go into everything but wondering if anyone else has had this rejection at one of the lowest points in their lives,my abuser I’m not with anymore but that has caused a whole new level of upset and(detail removed by moderator).

All the loss and loneliness and stress is crippling me.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey and welcome. Yes I share your pain. My own kids rejected me. I was the victim in all this and yet they sided with my abuser. Some people just don’t understand and I found I needed to avoid those people and stick to the ones who were supportive, do you have help from your local women’s aid?

Brokentobits
        Participant

Hi I am new to, and pretty scary 😨x

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Rainbow21

Welcome to the forum. So saddened to hear about why you are here.

The forum is a great place to find friends amongst women who understand you perfectly. I know it’s not the same as having friends in the flesh; honestly in many ways it’s better. You will be understood, listened to, given sound advice if you want it and I hope you will feel supported.

People on the outside often can’t comprehend abuse – it’s mind boggling. Real friends will at least try to understand though.

As you progress through this journey you will start to change and hopefully start to understand how amazing you are. You might well find that you begin to attract a different kind of friend, the type who deserve you and care about you whether you are telling them happy things or sad things.

Friends can be abusive too and this one certainly isn’t any good for you. She’s done you a favour by getting out of your life.

Talking can be really helpful for many people and the forum is a great place to do that.

Please also consider counselling. If you get a good counsellor it has the added bonus that the counsellor can use your talking to actually help to guide you through your thoughts and feelings. xx

Lottieblue
      Participant

Hello @Rainbow21,

You are absolutely not alone. I can’t even begin to tell you how much support the wonderful women on this forum have given me, every step of the way, and continue to do so. I have felt like you, and I know that many, many others have too.

If you feel you’d like to start telling us a bit about what has brought you here, you might find that it helps. We all get it, we really do.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that I could not have left my relationship without the support of a small number of close friends, my family, Women’s Aid, and this forum. I knew I couldn’t do it alone soi just opened up and took everything I could get in order to get the strength. You are a step ahead, you are already out of that relationship but you still need all the support you can grasp hold of.

I still have a weekly phone call from my local Women’s Aid. They are helping me to recover. I also have a weekly therapy session to try to help me de-fuzz in my head.

And I come here.

We are all here for you. Keep coming back, and hopefully you’ll start to not feel quite so alone.

Bigs hugs x*x

Orangerainbow
      Participant

I am also going through this rejection right now. I know I cant do this without support. I too feel the pain of rejection. My family never liked him yet they are standing watching me from a distance, some have vanished. You know your truth. Thats what keeps me going. I have taken back my dignity and self respect. I am trying nonot to be pulled down by those that cant respect that and support me. Staying strong for myself, I have been strong for my family and friends, now it is my turn. Take care, think of you.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content