Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #19108

      Hi I’m new to the forum I’ve been out of an abusive relationship for a few months have been in a refuge etc, my ex partner has moved to the area I live, feeling quite scared as he follows me everyday but police say he’s not approaching me grrr he’s admitted harrassment and is being charged with other serious stuff against me but can’t get restraining order yet until police have dealt with him in court, scared

    • #19115

      Hi scared and welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about the continued abuse you are getting from him. If he is being charged with other serious stuff then is he on bail at the moment? If so then there will be bail conditions he has to adhere to, including no direct or indirect contact, so he is breaching bail and the police have grounds to bring him in. I would recommend you contact the womens aid 24 hour helpline on 0808 2000 247 and also rights of women or the national centre for domestic violence, they are great with all the legal stuff and can help with getting a non mol in place to keep you safe.
      Here are the links to their websites…..

      Welcome to National Centre for Domestic Violence

      I really hope they can help you, they are the best at what they do, good luck 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content