Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      sapphireopal
      Participant

Hi I am a newbie.
      Married nearly (removed by moderator) years with 2adult kids who both live at home.
      I have a few health problems most of my life, but have tried to make the best of myself and life.
      Husband took depression which changed him and he used to be so different.
      I just can’t take anymore and my go has gave we a woman’s aid card.and she has told me to consider getting out.
      I mainly get denied the help I need and get shouted at or blamed non stop for things.
      Thankfully no much physical violence.
      Oddly I love my husband, but find him impossible to live with.
      To think one Dr want him off his antidepressants.
      Feel so bad as ranted to daughter tonight and know this is wrong, and blame myself as her bf is controlling .
      What a mess. I just want to leave and move away.

abcxyz
      Participant

You’ve come to the right place. Keep posting, and the ladies on here give great advice – a fresh perspective on your situation. I have recently left – I too loved my husband and probably do still love him BUT I am not in love with him, and constantly have to remind myself of the blaming, the name calling and all the other destructive behaviours. Like you, no violence, but enough for me to feel that something wasn’t right – and that is enough. Be strong and keep posting x

Happyfuture
      Participant

Well done in being brave and posting here. It is so hard living with the subtle effects day in day out of what you have described, I believe it’s inevitable that u start believing that your not worth support or respect, thing become normal that don’t need to be. I am still in my relationship, getting ready to leave but opening my eyes to everything. You are worthy of happiness, you’re strong enough to grab it and ir’s never too late. Keep posting xx

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

Hi SapphireOpal, welcome to our safe place 💜

Everyone here has had an abusive experience so you’re in good company. There are some truly amazing, strong, knowledgeable women who visit this forum who will be able to offer advice on anything and everything.

You are not alone.

My first piece of advice would be to research and read. Try to find out as much as you can about domestic abuse, verbal abuse, emotional abuse etc. Knowledge is power.

Keep posting x*x

Serenity
      Participant

Hi There,

You have a right to live your life in peace. Keep posting for support. Xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content