Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Bubbles4
      Participant

Hi everyone

I’m new to the forum but I left my abusive relationship a while ago now. I left and distracted myself with work and kids, eventually a new relationship and just life in general. It was only last year that I realised I probably needed some help to come to terms with the abuse I went through. So I’ve been getting counselling and just really coming to terms with everything that happened, but with bringing up those feelings I’m starting to feel very isolated from my friends and family again and I don’t want to give that power to my ex – so thought I would say hello and hopefully we can all help each other 🙂

FreeAgain
      Participant

Hello Bubbles

Welcome, I am relatively new here too but have already had great support.

Hope you get the counselling you need
      xx

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Bubbles
      Welcome and well done for rebuilding your life so well. You did the right thing coming here so you won’t feel isolated in your working through your trauma.
      Friends and family can sympathise only so far, so come on here whenever needed.
      I hope your counsellor is helpful too.
      Keep posting 💕

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Bubbles4,

I just wanted to welcome you to the Forum. I’m glad that you’re getting some counselling and reaching out for support. Unpicking the abuse you’ve been through can be really difficult, and the healing process can take time, but it’s definitely a step in the right direction. Do keep reaching out for support and posting on the Forum whilst you’re dealing with all of this.

Best wishes,

Lisa,
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content