Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Homebird
      Participant

I recently left my partner and moved back to my parents. I’m struggling to accept that my relationship was abusive as every problem or argument has been blamed on me, so I find it saves an argument if I just take the blame and apologise. My parents are fully supportive of me but I’ve become extremely isolated from any friends I once had and have suffered several panic attacks when I have to think about leaving the house and am unable to sleep. Im scared that because I’ve become so reliant on my partner that I can’t cope and will end up going back.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, you can ring the helpline on here anytime. They are fantastic. Can you get in touch with your local women’s aid? They can offer support. Try writing all the horrible things he’s done to you in date order. And how they made you feel. Sometimes it’s good to write it down and read it back to yourself. As a reminder why you don’t go back X

Dear Homebird, welcome to this fantastic life saving forum!!!
      You might find it helpful to look at this thread, ‘can anybody give any examples of gaslighting?’

There is also another thread, ‘its not right to walk on egg shells’…………..I will dig these two old threads out and post them. I also re posted a couple of old threads on Trauma Bonding which should also help you. In the meantime you might want to have a look at free to read on Amazon 30 Covert Manipulation Tactics in Personal Relationships.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content