Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Shygirl
      Participant

Hi, I’ve never joined anything like this before but feeling very down at the moment. I was in a(detail removed by moderator) year relationship with a manipulative man and suffered emotional abuse. I met a wonderful man last year but the lockdown brought back all of my insecurities and fears that every man would cheat on me and he’s walked away from me as a result.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there, isn’t it sad how living with an abuser can affect our future’s so much. I’m so sorry to hear that your new man has hurt you too. Maybe look at it from the point of view that he wasn’t fir you after all. If he can’t deal with what’s been a very traumatic time in your life, it tells me his needs are greater than yours,(his opinion) he’s selfish and just not willing to put in the hard work.
      IWMB 💞💞

Shygirl
        Participant

The man I was seeing has contacted me today to say he needed some space as he’s been under alot of pressure (he’s a key worker) and that we can try again. He frequently asks me for money and is in debt so will never be in a position to live with me but when we’re together we get on really well. I’m worried I’m allowing myself to be used by being too desperate to be loved.

KIP.
      Participant

Yes you’re still vulnerable and I think this man is abusing you. Taking money from you. Breaking things off then coming back again. This push and pull is very typical of an abuser. Have you had counselling? You need to work on yourself for a long time. To build your self esteem back up and recognise and implement healthy boundaries. Sounds like he’s using you for money. Hes bound to get on well when he’s taking money from you. Definitely need to take a step back here. If he’s a key worker he needs to stay away from you anyway at the moment.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

You deserve better than this leech. Look up the cycle of abuse. Push pull is so characteristic of abusive people. You do not owe him a thing least of all your hard earned money. It’ll be one sob story after another. How do you treat people when you’re under pressure, the samè as he treated you?I doubt it very much. Take a major step back from this man. I don’t think you’re ready to be in a loving relationship yet. He’s flown so many red flags in the little you’ve written. I really don’t want to hurt you, I don’t know you, I’ve nothing to gain. But he’s found someone willing to bail him out. Don’t be that person.
      Best wishes IWMB 💞💞

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content