Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      sparklesue
      Participant

I am new here. Long standing survivor of abuse but still have a couple of issues that I really need to work on. i.e. self confidence and not being able to express how I feel to other people I am in a relationship with but kind of took a positive step this past weekend. Talking to a lovely man who has been my friend for nearly a year now. Been skirting around how we feel about each other and were really honest. Felt really good.

brokendreams
      Participant

Welcome to the forum, and well done that your now having a good life, its inspirational to know things can be better x*x

Jennaflorrie
        Participant

How do I put up a post? I can see how to Reply to a post, but not to actually start one. Thanks

SilkyHalide
      Participant

Jenna go to a particular forum such as having a bad day. You can’t post from the latest topic page.
      Then scroll to bottom.

Queen13
      Participant

Hi Sparklesue, I’m in a similar situation and totally understand what you’re saying about self confidence and letting people know how you feel. It sounds like this person makes you happy, so go with it 🙂 it’s a great new start and inspirational for others to know that you can escape.

Sometimes it can take time to get that confidence back but don’t worry, we can all do it.

all the best with your lovely man 🙂

X

godschild
      Participant

Hi Taffy, welcome to the forum, you will get support on her, from ladies who know what abuse is like. You have had abuse in childhood which can set you up to be abused in later life, good you have had counceling, read other posts and you will relate to them and carry on posting about yourself xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Dear Taffy,

Thank you for your post, I know it can be really hard to post for the first time. I’m so sorry to read what you are going through. Living with abuse is exhausting, confusing and frightening. You are very strong for coping as you have. None of what has happened to you is your fault; the only person responsible for abuse is the abuser.

Please consider starting a new Topic in one of the other forums (you can just copy and paste your post above), as your post may not get seen here by the other forum users. There will certainly be many women on here who will understand and empathise with your situation and will be able to offer support and guidance. It is possible to make changes so that you can lead a happier life, you do have options and there is lots of support available.

I think it would also be really helpful for you to call the 24 hour Helpline on 0808 2000 247 to speak to a female support worker in confidence for listening support, information and signposting to relevant services.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content