Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Hopefulwishes
      Participant

So I had really bad nightmares last night and just wanted to air them on here as they terrified me. It was regarding him trying to attack me with a knife and I was screaming at my children to get my youngest out the cot and get out of the house and go next door to ring the police. The second was that he was in my sons bedroom with a knife to his throat and I was screaming begging him not to hurt him I rang the police without him knowing and just let them listen hoping they would turn up and then I woke up. It’s really shook me up and has left me feeling really unsettled.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Hopefulwishes,

I wanted to see how are you since posting? Your nightmares sounds really frightening. I hope it helped to offload on here to us and you managed a calmer sleep last night.

Take care,

Lisa

Hopefulwishes
        Participant

Hi Lisa
        Thanks for messaging. I’m ok I haven’t had anymore nightmares since thank goodness. I’m just finding life really hard at the moment I want to so desperately leave but I’m also petrified! I’m scared of how he will react. I’m also in isolation at the moment so that’s making life harder as I obviously can’t leave the house due to a work colleague testing positive.

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Hopefulwishes

I’m so sorry that I missed this when you first posted. I can certainly see why you were so terrified.

I’m not sure if you have a keyworker or not from your local DV charity? If not, please do call them and ask for one. It is understandable that you are frightened of his reaction if you leave but a keyworker should be able to formulate a safe exit plan for you and your children.

Sending love and a virtual hug. xx

Hopefulwishes
        Participant

Hi Eggshell it’s ok you don’t need to apologise. I do have a support worker and she’s run me through how to get out safely. My problem is he never leaves the house and apart from me going to work I’m never not with him. I think it will either be walking out during him kicking off and I’ll just have to leave everything and hopefully get back in at some point to get it. Or I ride it out until he’s back at work which could be ages away. I just need to be brave and know this isn’t good enough for me or my kids and go. Which is easier said than done.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Hopefulwishes

Thanks for your reply, it’s good to hear you haven’t had any more nightmares.

I understand it’s hard at the moment especially when you are isolating at home. You are still allowed to leave your home if you are are fleeing from abuse or seeking help.

You could have a read of our safety planning page which has lots of information https://www.womensaid.org.uk/the-survivors-handbook/making-a-safety-plan/

Eggshells has made a really good suggestion about speaking to your local domestic abuse service; https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/

You could also chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (weekdays 10am – 4pm and 10am – 12pm weekends). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Take care and keep posting,

Lisa

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content