Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Kindhearted15
      Participant

Hi
      Hope everyone is well. Not been on here in a long time.

I have a situation that is now forcing to go back to him but this time it’s worse then before. I had done so well got out and stood by my decision for couple of years but now I have no other choice but to return into his trap. I’m so scared

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Kindhearted15

Surely there is another way ring WA discuss your options before you go back. Sometimes we are too close to see other ways out.

Hugs and stay safe

FS xx

Kindhearted15
        Participant

I wish there was another way. I have taken awhile to come to this decision and knowing he’s the only person that can help me then asking him for his help.
        He’s the last person I wanna go to
        Feel stuck

SaharaD
      Participant

If you tell us or Lisa maybe we can help. You are not alone.

Please try really hard not to turn to him.

Kindhearted15
      Participant

I can’t stay in my house as my boiler has packed up and been given the run around from the landlord. Been told for the twice it will be done in a week times. It’s been two weeks and he’s all I have in help form. I have children with him and I have to think of them and going to their dads is the only option

Daisy
      Participant

Kindheated15,
      The boiler being in working order is the landlords responsibility, have you contacted cab or shelter or tenancy relations team in your local council area to help move your landlord along to do what he has a duty to do?
      Such a shame that after all your time and steps forward, this is sending you back.
      Hopefully if it comes to this it is going to be a temporary arrangement though isn’t it?
      X x x

Ayanna
      Participant

Hi Kindharted15, please just reason what kind of decision you make. You want to go back because of a boiler????
      I would heat the place with the oven if no other option. You got good advise how to get the boiler sorted. There are hot water bottles and water from the cooker. Sometimes life is a bit hard. But at least you are all safe. I cannot have a shower in winter because my landlord gave me a c**p electric shower that does not warm up the water when the temperature drops. And the place is cold because there is no insulation. Stay strong x*x

SaharaD
      Participant

Oh kindhearted15, I’m in exactly the same situation. My electric heating developed a fault. The council health and safety came out and condemned all 5 flats in the building. Due to this, Shelter Help line caseworker advised that the council has to house me until it is fixed or the find me somewhere else. So I’m snug and warm in a b and b near enough to my job.

Dont go back it isn’t worth it. You are good after a week of no heat, I broke down and called the council. I also notified my social worker and caseworkers.

And I do not have to pay my landlord anything while I can’t live there and he still can’t evict me for no payment of rent on a condemned building!

Keep strong we have all been there.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content