Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      BlueBeauty
      Participant

OK, quick update. I was contacted by him numerous times without replying, (detail removed by Moderator) I texted him asking for a no contact so we can start to move on. He replied threatened to od. I know it was just mind games. I called the police for a welfare check. They were brilliant. He Just upset me . I genuinely believe him. But looking back it was a game.

BlueBeauty
      Participant

Did i do the right thing asking no contact? 🤔

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hello BlueBeauty

I would say yes, its the right thing to do. Its up to you whether you want to remain in contact or not, and if you’ve said no, then thats the right thing for you. Its generally the only way to avoid the abuse is just to cut all contact. You also handled his threat to OD well by reporting him. It doesn’t matter what he wants this is now about what you need.

If you need to, you can block him, if he won’t accept that you don’t want any contact with him, and tell him you’ll report any further unwanted contact as harrassment.

warmest wishes

ts

BlueBeauty
      Participant

Thank you Twisted Sister. I guess i was waiting for it. This has been a threat before. Ended in a different result. This time i took actions. Actions he did not expect. Now I feel like I second guess his next plan. Feeling hopeful that he has the message. Time to move on. 🤞

Fallingleaves
      Participant

Well done for telling him no contact, it’s really hard to do that and fight against feeling responsible for his actions and the guilt that comes with it all but you did the right thing. I’ve just started no contact with my ex because otherwise we seem to be in same old patterns. Good luck and stay strong 💪🏻

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content